Meet Cannoli, a big gentle goofy giant. He’s a laid back big boy who is just a big softee inside. Cannoli would love a quiet home where he can just chill out and laze around. At about 8 years old – like many mature folks – Cannoli has developed some arthritis in his joints. He walks around ok and does enjoy going on them; walks would also help him to lose a little weight. If you’re looking for a friendly companion to be by your side, you should meet Cannoli!
Cannoli would do best in a home without cats and on one floor, as he is a bit slow with stairs.
Check out Cannoli’s spotlight on Susie’s Senior Dogs: https://www.facebook.com/susiesseniordogs/posts/1356478587842107
Cannoli gets stressed at the shelter and has been staying in a foster home, but his foster parent is moving, so it would be great to to find him a new place to laze around.
More about Cannoli can be found on his online page. If you’d like to meet this wonderful boy and foster him, complete and submit the foster form and we will get in touch shortly! Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some notes from his recent foster:
- My favorite activities are eating and taking walks with short little sprints/gallops. My gallops are a little crooked….like Quasimodo from the Hunchback of Notre Dame.
- On leash, I’m pretty calm and don’t necessarily pull. I am a bit stubborn and will put my weight down if I want to stop for a minute or to sniff around. I do get super excited and whine/bark when I see other dogs nearby. With my size, I can sometimes be misunderstood and in some cases intimidating, but I’m 100% friendly and just want to play.
- With other dogs, I wag my tail, have a big smile, and like to play and chase dogs around.
- With strangers, I’m super friendly when I meet people. I don’t bark at strangers.
- With children, I’m friendly, but don’t really interact with too many kids at my current foster.
- When I am home alone, I hang out in the house but not in a crate or locked in a room. I mainly rest when I’m alone.
- Other things I’d like you to know about me: I’m a HUGE cuddler and love attention. I am oblivious to my size (I think I’m a lap dog) and don’t really know how to give other dogs space. I just want to play, hang out, and be loved. I have a funny gallop/run, which is super cute.