Help us spread the word about Maddie’s Adoptathon on June 9 and 10!
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
1) The funds earned during this two day event are critical for taking care of our shelter animals throughout the year. During last year’s Maddie’s Matchmaker Adoptathon, OAS received $99,000 from Maddie’s Foundation. This donation actually exceeded the shelter’s operating budget from the city of Oakland for the year and was essential for keeping the shelter running.
2) We will get a huge number of homeless animals adopted! Last year, we found homes for 166 animals in two days!!!!
3) This event spreads the word about the importance of adopting shelter animals and what a wonderful, life-changing experience it can be.
HOW TO HELP GET THE WORD OUT:
1) Link to us via Facebook.
2) Print out this FLYER 2012 and post it around your favorite public places.
3) Copy the email below and send it to your friends, family, co-workers, and everyone:
Oakland Animal Services (OAS), a unit of the Oakland Police Department, will take part in the third Maddie’s Matchmaker Adoptathon on Saturday, June 9, and Sunday, June 10, an event sponsored by animal foundation Maddie’s Fund. Throughout the weekend, dog and cat adoptions will be free to qualified homes—FREE—and, better yet, each successful adoption will earn the shelter a generous donation from Maddie’s Fund of $500 to $2,000.
“Maddie’s Matchmaker Adoptathon is an exciting event, and we’re pleased to take part in it again,” OAS Director Megan Webb said. “The money the shelter is able to earn through the event makes all the difference to OAS. We handle upward of 7,000 animals a year here—and those monies go directly to animal care—food, veterinary care, and quality-of-life improvements for the animals.”
Individuals who are interested in adopting during the adoptathon can be “prescreened” Monday through Friday, June 4–8, during regular shelter hours to make the adoption process faster. Hours for Maddie’s Matchmaker Adoptathon at Oakland Animal Services’ shelter will be 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday, June 9, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, June 10. The shelter is located at 1101 29th Avenue, Oakland. More information is available at www.oaklandanimalservices.org.