COVID-19 Update: We are still accepting donations of some items. Please see below for items for more details. Thank you!
We accept donations of gently used items and always appreciate donations of much-needed items from our wish list. We keep our wish lists up-to-date so any items you see on there is still needed.
How to Donate
You may drop off donations at the shelter between 12pm to 4:30pm every day. Please leave donations in the donation bin that is on your left as your enter the lobby.
Donations may be dropped off at or mailed to:
Oakland Animal Services, 1101 29th Ave, Oakland, CA 94601
Donation of Items
See below for a list of items that we accept. Please do not leave items that we do not accept, dirty items, or items that can no longer be used, as we will have to do the work of bringing the items to the dumpster to throw them away.
Thank you so much for your donation and thinking about our shelter animals!
Items we accept for donation:
- Any item that is on our wishlist. We are also happy to accept them gently used!
- Adult-sized bath towels (we always need lots of towels)
- Fleece throw blankets
- Unopened, unexpired food and treats for cats, dogs, or rabbits. We also accept unopened food/treats with an expiry date within the last month
- Clip (not buckle) dog collars
- Small or medium hard-sided plastic carriers
- Toys that can be laundered or disinfected (such as items that can go in a dishwasher)
- Gently used large dog beds
- Unexpired flea medication
- Cat scratchers that attach to cages
- Cat hammocks: Instructions on how to make a cat hammock for our shelter cats (Read about our purr-fect hammocks in Animal Sheltering Magazine)
Items we cannot use:
- Hand towels or washcloths
- Stuffed comforters or bedding (anything that is filled with down, cotton, wool, etc.)
- Fitted sheets
- Pillows, pillowcases, or mattresses
- Door mats or bath mats
- Pet costumes or bandanas
- Retractable leashes
- Choke chains or pinch collars
For large volume corporate donations or bulk donations requiring pick-up, please email to see if a pickup may be arranged.
Thank you for your support!