Below are some useful resources for you and your furry friend! Bringing a new dog home? Take a look at our new dog resources. Puppy? Be sure to also check out our puppy resources. Looking for a trainer or training classes? See our list of trainers here.
- General training/adoption/behavior – content coming soon
- Kids and dogs
- Puppy resources
- Teaching polite, patient behavior (free online course)
- Crate training basics
- House training – content coming soon
- Loose leash training – content coming soon
- Special equipment – content coming soon
- The world of dog toys
- Indoor games for your dog
- Is your dog bored? Try these ideas!
- Keeping your dog busy (webinar)
- Enrichment activities (free online course)
Solving Common Issues
While these are useful resources, we highly recommend working with a rewards-based professional trainer as some behavior problems can worsen if you do not apply the described methods correctly. See a list of trainers here.
Also see the ASPCA’s webpage on Solving Common Dog Behavior Issues.
Chewing, Jumping, Guarding, Reactivity
- Dealing with destructive chewing
- Training a jumpy, mouthy, or mounting dog
- Preventing resource guarding
- Handling leash reactivity
- Leash reactivity training (free online course)
- Dealing with an escape artist – content coming soon
- Recognizing separation anxiety and what to do
- Separation anxiety trainers and resources
- Treating separation anxiety Facebook page