July 2021: We have opened up a waitlist for volunteers! If you are interested in learning more about volunteering at Oakland Animal Services, take a minute to complete this form here
Here are the steps to take to start volunteering at OAS!
- Sign up on waitlist form above
- Receive information on signing up for an Infomation Session
- After attending an Information Session, decide if you would like to move forward with volunteering at OAS. If so, you will complete a volunteer application
- Once we have reviewed your volunteer application, you will start volunteer training!
- Volunteer training varies depending on the volunteer role. Most roles involve online training as well as hands-on training sessions. Training is also an opportunity for you and us to determine if a particular volunteer role is a good fit
We look forward to seeing you soon!
If you are not ready to sign up at this time, there are other ways you can help!
We are looking for foster homes for kittens, dogs, and rabbits! Learn more about how to foster here
2. Help collect donations
Do you have a favorite pet supply store where you shop? You can help by asking if they have any donations for our shelter! We accept unopened treats and food that are just about to expire, or expired within the last month. We go through A LOT of treats every day to keep our shelter animals happy! If you have found a business that would like to donate, please have them email us here to coordinate pick-up or drop-off. While we are in constant need of treats, we can also use many other pet supplies as listed here. If you can help, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not have any group volunteering opportunities at this time. Thank you so much for your interest!